Athletic Director’s Mission Statement
The athletic program at El Capitan High School dynamically supports the mission of the school, which is to pursue Excellence
. I believe through athletics we can accomplish academic excellence, a positive school climate, and student curiosity.
El Capitan’s athletic program will promote interscholastic athletics that provide lifelong learning experiences to student-athletes while enhancing their achievement of educational goals. Our goal is to teach the values of teamwork, pride, respect, commitment, good work ethic, sportsmanship and development of the proper winning attitude.
It is our hope that through our athletic programs our student athletes will adopt these guidelines and develop a positive winning attitude that will carry over into all aspects of their lives.
- To guide the athletic staff to the importance of integrity, knowledge, skills and leadership qualities
- Provide the opportunity for student-athletes to develop skills through learning experiences that contributes to their physical, mental, emotional, and social growth.
- Provide each student-athlete with the opportunity to develop their individual skill and potential.
- Provide the opportunity for each student-athlete to learn how to function as a member of a team.
- Develop the qualities of good sportsmanship, respect, responsibility, and moral integrity within each student-athlete.
- Develop an appreciation of the value of physical fitness and conditioning within each student-athlete.
- Teach the student-athlete to accept victory or defeat in a gracious manner.
- Teach the student-athlete the value of hard work and commitment.
- Provide opportunities for growth and development through athletic competition that will contribute to a successful adult life for each student-athlete.
- Develop school spirit within each student-athlete.
Emphasize the development of basic skills, appropriate attitudes, values and team concepts.
- Allow as many students as possible to participate and share the experience and benefits derived from team members.
- BE ORGANIZED.
- Help to guide coaches and student-athletes on the importance of Time Management Skills.
- Follow the 6 Pillars of Character: Trustworthiness, Respect, Responsibility , Fairness, Caring, Citizenship
El Capitan High School considers participation in athletics to be an integral part of the overall educational experience. Athletics provides opportunities for physical, mental, emotional, and social development. The competition of athletics is viewed as a valuable experience. Our athletic programs will challenge each student-athlete to strive for excellence, help each student-athlete discover their physical abilities, and will require each student-athlete to work cooperatively as a member of a team. As the Athletic Director, it is important to be TEACHABLE, HUMBLE, AND REFLECTIVE. Winning will be a natural goal in the pursuit of excellence, the principles of good sportsmanship and enjoyment of competition will take precedence at all times and enhance the educational value of all contests.
Athletic Director, Title 1 Coordinator, AVID, Boys Volleyball & Basketball Coach